Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Not The Reason To Watch

One of the best things about the Superbowl has been the half-time show and the commercials. Yes, as much as I like watching the game, I also look forward to seeing the commercials. The last couple bowls there have been some really good ones. I remember during the first break watching and waiting. Nope, no commercial caught my eyes. The second and third break came without even a slight grin.

By the time half-time came there still wasn't any commercials that caught my attention.

Maybe I didn't enjoy the commercials this year because I thought the game was so good and so instead of being entertained by the commercials I was waiting for the actual game to start again. Great game huh? Wow, the Giants won the Superbowl!!

Were there any commercials that caught anyone's attention?

12 Comments:

  • i don't watch Superbowl,football, or sports in general, outside of a coule hockey games here and there. So I'd have to say no.

    But I did see a sidebar on YouTube with the Superbowl commercials. What caught my attention there was Will Ferrel did something for Bud Light and Justin Timberlake was involve with Pepsi.

    I didn't watch them, just noticed them. Was this what you meant?

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 1:48 PM  

  • I enjoyed the "Shaq is a horse jockey" commercial for the pure visual gag aspect of it. Other than that I'm not recalling anything at the moment.

    By Blogger Duck, at 1:56 PM  

  • I enjoyed the unibrow girl rubbing the nuts on herself to attract suitors.

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 5:06 PM  

  • I agree. No, none of the comercials lived up tot eh price paid IMHO.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 11:12 PM  

  • I missed most of the game, only caught the end when the Giants beat the Cheaters WOOHOO!!!

    The halftime shows haven't been good since the Janet Jackson episode, so a little nip got exposed big deal bring back the big time stars please

    By Blogger Phats, at 12:39 AM  

  • The dalmatian befriending the forlorn Clydesdale was clever. Otherwise, largely forgettable.

    -- david

    By Blogger David Amulet, at 11:59 AM  

  • Great game! What commercials?!

    By Blogger Chick, at 11:29 PM  

  • As I don't like football I have to say I did not watch it at all, and have not heard anything about any of the Ad's either.

    I will try to do better next year....

    By Blogger Pixie, at 2:27 PM  

  • I can't say I saw any, being distracted by all the people in the sports bar.
    I'll never forget Janet Jackson and Timberlakes wardrobe malfunction at Superbowl,
    accidental malfunction
    ya right!

    By Blogger TK Kerouac, at 5:19 PM  

  • The Victoria Secret commercial distracted me, but it wasn't really good. The last 5 minutes of the game was a lot better than any of the commercials I saw (but I largely tune them out).

    By Blogger Ally, at 1:54 AM  

  • I liked the Doritos one and the Fedex one - I am not hard to please but I really also loved the game :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:07 AM  

  • considering i didn't watch it, i'm not at all surprised that no commercials stuck out to me.

    Oh, and if you happen to see mr.shife around here, tell him that i'm having trouble finding tight leather pants for babies.

    By Blogger cher, at 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home