Shaken Not Stirred

Friday, February 08, 2008

Movie Preview Music

I'm sure everyone has seen clips to that movie Definitely, Maybe. They play it every chance they get. Whatever happens to these chick ficks anyway? They never win any awards or break any money earning records. I figure most just become those DVD's that you are forced to watch once you are in a committed relationship. I think the only person that could force me to watch those types of movies and not have to lay on her back is The Egg (from Spice The Egg). I give her and only her that priveledge of choosing movies for me.

Anyway, way off track here. During the clip they play some music. I looked up the soundtrack and I guess one doesn't exist. This doesn't really matter anyway because sometimes the music they play during the previews isn't the same music they use for the movie. I've noticed this a couple times. So I look up the preview on youtube. None of the previews they have there have the same music that is played for the television previews.

So this clip of the song is stuck in my head. It's catchy and the singer's voice sounds familiar. It's bugging me and frankly I've already wasted too much time investingating. I need to stop. Stop NOW!!

13 Comments:

  • Any lyrics in the audio clip? If so, enter as many words as you can make out into the search field on google with the word lyrics.
    There's probably a better way to figure out what a song is from a commercial, but that's what I'd do.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:35 PM  

  • is it this?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:37 PM  

  • I need to stop. Stop NOW!!
    yes.
    yes you do

    By Blogger cher, at 4:41 AM  

  • Hmm, I don't think I've seen any previews for that particular movie, but I tend to enjoy "chick flicks". Probably because I'm totally gay.

    By Blogger Duck, at 6:02 PM  

  • hey angel.. just wanted to say thank you for your continual support.. i have to say that i don't comment as much as i would like to on your blog... (somehow feel like my bloggin' golden days are over) but that shouldn't stop me from saying hi to old friends from time to time... "hi!!!!"

    and i really do think that you're an exceptional human being angel..

    don't know the song to that trailer, but if i find it.. i'll let you know !

    love
    a

    By Blogger madame P, at 11:42 PM  

  • Movie preview music is like the announcer: rehashed. You need to find another source for the sound bite and search from there. Not to encourage your obsession, or anything...

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 4:50 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 7:01 PM  

  • I like chick flicks. In fact I have a ton of them in my DVD collection. Angel, my boyfriend feels the same way about those movies that you do.
    Have a great week!
    ~xo
    Lee Ann

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 7:03 PM  

  • I can see why you like Spice, she seems fun.

    By Blogger TK Kerouac, at 9:45 AM  

  • I will make a note to pay attention when it's next on TV.

    What i do is Google the random lyrics, usually you can find out from that.

    Good luck!

    By Blogger Pixie, at 4:58 PM  

  • I flip the channel so fast when commercials come on I don't have time to catch the previews. I have to admit I have liked a couple chick flicks!

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 8:28 PM  

  • Stuff like that bugs me too, it drives me nuts!

    Some chick flicks aren't so bad I might get shot for saying this

    By Blogger Phats, at 12:27 AM  

  • Why thank you my dear egg:-) I already initiated to the What About Bob? mania! That's one we definitely have to watch together..whenever you decide to visit me with that vodka! Can't wait. Mwah! Happy V's Day!

    By Blogger The Egg, at 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home