Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, April 21, 2008

Get A Dictionary

The other day I was so annoyed by a door-to-door salesmen. He claimed that he wasn't a solicitor (as the home owners association here prohibits salesmen from entering our neighborhood). His explanation was he had delivered some products to a neighbor of mine, that he was at the end of his route and he had extras left over that he would sell cheaply.

This guy was peddling steaks and seafood. When I answered the door he explained that he wasn't a solicitor because the look on my face must have said "you are in violation/trespassing". He said that he was willing to take a loss on the left over filet mignon that he had left. I told him that I didn't cook. He then said "oh they practically cook themselves". Yeah, right you aren't a salesmen--sounded like a pitch to me.

I told him that I was one person and that all that food would be too much for me. He then went on to say "they are individually wrapped". So then I said "I'm a vegetarian". At this point he said "Oh if you are vegetarian, then I've got a great seafood selection". Is this guy kidding ? (I'm really not a vegetarian, and now I've got the sudden craving for Burger King).

He went through the list of seafood that he had at which point I stopped him and said "I'm vegetarian so I don't eat anything that once had eyes". At this point he started to talk about the frozen but "fresh" desserts he sold.

I went back into my house and shut the door.

14 Comments:

  • LOL!

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 1:07 PM  

  • lmao. you poor guy. they really don't know how to give up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:53 PM  

  • I've never understood why anybody would buy food from the back of a guys car. But my father does from time to time. In fact, once when I was younger, my dad bought meat from a door-to-door salesmen. After that, this guy kept coming back every once in a while. Each time, I'd answer the door and give the usual "I don't buy anything from a door-to-door salesman, thank you and good-bye" line. But this guy would actually get angry at me. He'd say "Is there someone else. I know you people buy from me before. Lemme to talk to the other guy."
    "WHAT PART OF NO DON'T YOU GET? GO HAWK YOUR SHIT SOMEWHERE ELSE!"

    This argument between me and the trespasser happened on more than one occasion. If I wanted meat, I go to the butcher shop and buy some.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:12 PM  

  • On one hand, the guy was pushy.

    On the other, he probably has a family to feed.

    I think the older generation is more accustomed to buying stuff from door to door dudes. Although I have to admit, having ice cold milk without hormones delivered to my door is appealing to me.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 8:33 PM  

  • Why even open the door? I always ask, "Who is it?" And if it even sounds like something I wouldn't be interested in, I say a loud "No thank you!" And go back to whatever I was doing. Sometimes they leave right away... sometimes they stand there. It's up to them, really.

    By Blogger Jillian, at 4:58 AM  

  • bleh salesman drive me nuts. No means No!!! lol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:15 AM  

  • Hehehe! You and those salesman!

    By Blogger The Egg, at 12:31 PM  

  • haha...
    Happy Earth Day Angel!
    ~xo
    Lee Ann

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 6:33 PM  

  • You should have winked and said I like a mn who brings fresh meat to me door.

    Bet he would have left then.

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 4:04 PM  

  • lol. People are hard to believe sometimes.

    By Blogger Katie, at 9:22 PM  

  • Heh. You're so clever and snarky, hon. We don't get many door-to-doors round here, thank heavens!

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 7:01 AM  

  • Here's how I rate him:

    Score one point for persistence.

    Lose two for cluelessness.

    By Blogger David Amulet, at 3:30 PM  

  • Frozen but fresh? Gotta luv it.

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 6:48 PM  

  • Now I feel sorry for the saleman and you lost one of your wings, lol

    By Blogger TK Kerouac, at 12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home