Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, April 28, 2008

I've Been Gone For Too Long

It's not that I have anything important to say...usually I don't say anything of any relevance, but I feel like I've been gone for a very long time. Maybe it's cause my mind is teetering on losing itself again.

For the most part, I've had insomnia for the last couple days--well almost a week. However, I'm so tired that I can't sleep. Have you ever had that happen? Too tired to sleep? And then when I do get some sleep, I still wake up at around 6 a.m. (even if I fall aslepp at 5:59 a.m.). Nothing works to fall asleep, even reading Robbin's Pathology (which during my second year of medical school, always induced a spit drooling coma).

And it isn't like I think about a lot of things while I'm awake. Nothing major. I'm not depressed or upset about anything (I've really got nothing to be depressed about). I'm not angry about anything.

Tonight I'm going to try and count sheep.

12 Comments:

  • By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:50 PM  

  • ugh that sucks. maybe you should talk to someone.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:13 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Duncan McMurdo, at 11:58 PM  

  • I get insomnia periodically, so I can go without a decent night's sleep for several days. It's usually stress-related for me.

    What's on your mind, buddy?

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 12:12 AM  

  • Not healthy, but try a couple of strong screw drivers to help, or rum or whatever.

    Good luck Angle, that sucks.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 12:17 PM  

  • Nightmare. I'm sending sleepy vibes your way, hon.

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 4:34 PM  

  • I've been too tired to sleep and during those times, the sleep I do gt doesn't leave me feeling rested.... Strange.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:57 PM  

  • I'm with KT--seek some help. You shouldn't have to suffer through that.

    My trick whenever I've had trouble getting to sleep (not often, but sometimes): I go through the countries of the world on a map in my mind, naming them and identifying the capitals.

    Yes, I'm a geography geek. But I sleep well.

    By Blogger David Amulet, at 7:51 AM  

  • When I have trouble sleeping, I replay baseball games in my head. That generally does the trick.

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 6:53 PM  

  • I hate when that happens
    insominia runs in families
    my mother and brother are the worst for it

    Now, you say you aren't depressed

    but research shows there is a anxiety/depression connection
    a bit of a chemical imblance

    and dealing with one can help the other
    but what came first
    the chicken or the egg?

    By Blogger TK Kerouac, at 10:59 PM  

  • I hope you're getting some sleep! =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:52 AM  

  • This happens to me from time to time & I usually just read everything in sight until I start snoring...but sometimes it takes HOURS.

    Good luck getting some zzzz's.

    By Blogger Chick, at 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home