Shaken Not Stirred

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Cleaning Up

So my latest food cravings have been in the granola, oats, muselix department. I have also been cutting back on meat and anything fried. And nope, I'm not going into the tree hugging business, just have those granola cravings. I've been eating lunch lately at this vegetarian cafe. The food is excellent. The hummus burritos are amazing! I don't think I've ever had better hummus. I can certainly see how people live on vegetables and green things alone.

So this craving for oats, fiber and bulky foods have had their side effects--mainly regulating my internal cleaning. Every day around 10 a.m., I can feel the churning. I know too much information. So I'm going to stop.

But really, now that I have started eating things like granola, the other good stuff (chips, chocolate, and fried chicken) have started to taste extremely heavy to me. I still crave it, but after I eat it, I feel weird--a little naseous. It still tastes good though.

I'm rambling, so I'll end this here.

12 Comments:

  • Craving oats and shit, oh man. I'd rather die fat.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:13 PM  

  • yum. i love granola. good stuff. and i recently just had dried fruit for the first time, bananas and peaches. loved it. gots to go buy me some. try it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:50 PM  

  • Nooooooooo !

    Don't go to the dark side. Fry some bacon immediately and grab a beer and none of that sissy lite stuff either. You need an exorcism with a heavy lager.

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 11:37 PM  

  • Obviously Travis has never had granola.

    You eat enough of that stuff, and you'll have an "exorcism" alright! :P

    By Blogger Aaron, at 8:54 AM  

  • Congrats! No one is in a better position than ourselves to take care of our healths. Eat healthy, feel healthy and feel great!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:34 AM  

  • Sounds like some great moves.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 1:47 PM  

  • I go through cravings all the time so I can relate. Right now I am in a cinnamon bread addiction. It will last about three weeks and then I will move on to something else.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 8:20 PM  

  • I like granola alright. I don't think that I will ever crave it like a good thick steak though.

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 7:20 PM  

  • Good for you!! I don't eat a lot of fried food, and if I have something fried it really does a number on me. Makes me re-think about eating it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:27 AM  

  • Granola and hummus? Good call!

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 1:14 PM  

  • I just ate the head off my easter bunny for breakfast

    TK Kerouac's HNT

    By Blogger TK Kerouac, at 11:21 AM  

  • Congrats on cleaning up! My Shredded Wheat detox is continuing. But I still crave the bad stuff. And as much as I luv the veggie creations, I salivate if I see a juicy steak!

    By Blogger The Egg, at 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home