Shaken Not Stirred

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Growing Up

I don't want to grow up!! However, I do want the perks that come with being grown up.

I have always hated it when chicks told me to grow up. Does growing up mean that I have to agree with a current chick? Does it mean that just because I don't want to watch a night time soap opera rather than the football game that I'm not mature? Does the fact that I would rather eat in a restaurant (just on occasion) that has fries as their side dish that my mental age is lower than my shoesize?

What exactly does grow up mean? I don't want to put any of the toys I play with on a shelf. I still want to buy a Wii and have an X-box too, and possibly a Playstation. All three of them would look nicer in a family room, than a vase or a coffee table (well you need the coffee table to hold the pizza).

I never understood the "grow up" comeback used whenever I disagreed with someone. It could be a reaction to my sticking out my tongue or the covering of my ears as I sing "I can't hear you". However, those reactions come because of certain expectations which are more like demands than suggestions.

7 Comments:

  • Do you always refer to women/girls/ladies/females as chicks? I'm just curious, because do so very regularly in your blog posts.

    By Blogger Duck, at 5:23 PM  

  • i don't think there's anything wrong with being a kid at heart. and that sounds like how you're describing yourself.

    big difference from being immature and needing to "grow up."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:58 PM  

  • I think you can gro up (maturity) and stil have your toys. I see no reason those two things are mutually exclusive.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 10:12 AM  

  • AMEN BROTHER!
    I want a wii too.

    By Blogger Phats, at 5:46 PM  

  • I have a wii...and it rocks. I will never grow up.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 11:55 PM  

  • Our society is completely messed up. All the children want to be adults and all the adults want to be children. Nobody wants to be themself anymore.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:17 PM  

  • Women are as confusing as men. Sucks. I think you're a mature guy, don't listen to them ladies!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home