Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, August 25, 2008

It's About Hope

During the closing ceremonies of the Olympics, one of the commentators said that one of the important feelings he got from these events was it was about hope.

And yes, I think he was right (or what it she). I heard the comment while I was watching the amazing show that was presented by the host country, so I heard it, but couldn't remember who said and the exact statement that was made.

I believe that I get hooked by the Olympics, not only for the competition, but because I feel unity while I sit with my buddies cheering for the same person/team. It's the same reason that I love watching football or basketball games with my friends. There is a certain camaraderie that is felt when you watch your team either rise to the occasion, or submit gracefully to defeat.

There is also the re-awakening of certain dreams with the realization that with hard work, determination and a little sweat, these dreams will come true.

8 Comments:

  • I was down with the Olympics until it was Phelps, Phelps, Phelps. I'm sorry, that just turned me off. Sure, he's a great swimmer, but you've got to feel sorry for all the other athletes competing under the shadow the media created.

    By Blogger Aaron, at 7:31 AM  

  • Hope springs eternal......I got the same feeling...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:28 AM  

  • I loved watching too...except that most of the sports are won by genetic freaks like Phelps with his size 14 flipper feet that can hyper extend & giant stretch armstrong basketball players & pixie little girls without breasts.

    By Blogger Chick, at 8:42 AM  

  • True. Same feelings here.

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 10:08 AM  

  • I get these same feelings when the football season starts and then after about 3 weeks my teams stink so I am ready for next year.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 2:08 PM  

  • I love the games but I'm glad they are over as staying up late every night killed by sleep habits.

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 4:38 PM  

  • I loved the olympics but they were killing me with sleep! ha. The closing ceremonies were just good, but didn't quite outdo the opening ceremonies.

    By Blogger Phats, at 4:37 PM  

  • I watch to see if anyone gets a javelin in their chest.

    By Blogger David Amulet, at 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home