Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, July 14, 2008

Bank Charges

I recently used an ATM that was not my banks. When I got my bank statement, I got the shock of my life. They charged me four dollars for the balance inquiry. Can you believe that? Four bucks to ask how much I had left after I had ravaged my previous balance. I wasn't even warned that I would be charged a fee for balance inquiry. I just hit the button and zoom, it went straight through.

When I have taken money out before, I was always warned that the terminal would charge me a fee and that maybe my bank would also charge me a fee too. I could accept that. However, to charge me an inquiry fee without letting me know in advance, that is an enema without a warning.

10 Comments:

  • The banking industry knows it has the world by the short and curlies. That is why it can get away with things like that. It would be so much cheaper to just keep all your money in a shoebox underneath your mattress, but then when it comes time to take out a loan, no bank will give you loan because they don't know you don't have a credit history. Or in actuality, the banking industry hasn't stolen enough money from you, so they don't want you around.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:09 AM  

  • Call and biatch about it, they may refund it as you were noy informed of the charge.

    That is ridiculous.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 1:27 PM  

  • Dispute the charges.

    By Blogger Aaron, at 1:35 PM  

  • I'd call them - they didn't warn you, so I think you've got a right to dispute it.

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 1:40 PM  

  • damn. what bank do you go to? that's ridiculous.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:04 PM  

  • $4? Even if they were going to charge a fee that seems excessive.

    By Blogger Ally, at 7:23 PM  

  • I got blanked in the butt like that recently...filled up with gas & they charged me more for using my credit card without warning.

    Hate when that happens.

    By Blogger Chick, at 10:22 PM  

  • ouch! what bank do you use? call customer service and complain, maybe?

    By Blogger j, at 7:25 PM  

  • bank robbery

    after reading this, I better recheck my statements

    By Blogger TK Kerouac, at 2:02 PM  

  • No warning is a bitch and $4 is outrageous. I got charged $6 service fee when I took cash out at a strip club!

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home