Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, July 21, 2008

Wedding!

My cousin gets married in a month. And I'm really excited. I am not excited that he's getting married, although I am happy for him. I like his fiancee/wife to be. I don't think he could find a better match if he tried (even through one of those professed guaranteed match making companies with the cheesy testimonials). She's perfection, if I could use that word to describe her.

But the thing I am excited about is having a sort of family reunion. Is it wrong for me to use this arena to reconnect? I haven't seen a lot of my cousins, uncles and aunts in so long and I would love to be able to talk to them again. Hopefully I will be able to hold my liquor. I am sure there will be a lot of it (my cousin knows how to hold his alcohol and drink it and hold it some more).

So I have something to look forward to....at least for now.

9 Comments:

  • Yay! I love big old get-togethers like that!

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 12:25 PM  

  • 'Tis way better than looking forward to a funeral so you can reconnect.

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 3:57 PM  

  • It's a perfect spot for that. One beer/drink an hour and yuou'll be fine. Make it 1.5 drinks per hour and you'll be even finer. ;o)

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 9:25 PM  

  • There's definitely nothing wrong with looking forward to the wedding b/c it'll allow you to reconnect with family. That's part of the joy of the occasion. And it's fun to have something to look forward to too.

    By Blogger Ally, at 1:32 AM  

  • No, Angel, it is not wrong to use the weddign as time to reconnect. That is what it is for, to take time out, to celebrate family. How can spending time with your aunts, uncles, and cousins be wrong?

    Just don't forget the whole, you know, wedding thing.

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 12:23 PM  

  • So glad to hear that you are pleased with her. That makes for a better event than if you despise her ...

    By Blogger David Amulet, at 7:20 PM  

  • I agree with Travis. Weddings are great and can be a lot of fun and a wonderful way to reconnect with old friends or relatives. Have a great time!

    By Blogger Season, at 9:43 PM  

  • Oh...have fun...I love these excuses for big family reunions.

    By Blogger Chick, at 12:42 PM  

  • Have a blast , there's always something funny and dysfunctional to look forward to when it comes to drinking relatives

    By Blogger TK Kerouac, at 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home