Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Little Boys Are Made of....

My brother's youngest son, only 2 1/2 years old is obsessed with Spiderman. Anything that has webs, is colored red, black and blue, or remotely looks associated to Spiderman entrances him. He can sit still to watch any of the movies--the cartoons don't hold his attention as much. He has a Build-A-Bear stuffed animal (which I got him) that wears a small Spiderman costume. He still prefers the Build-A-Bear bunny that he's had since birth to sleep with or when he's cranky, tired or in a bad mood, but the Spiderman one accompanies him during the rest of his waking moments.

I don't remember having an obsession when I was younger. I do remember loving sharks. As afraid as I was of the ocean because of the thought of being eaten, sharks fascinated me. I would read any book about sharks I could get my hands on. I loved watching those animal shows that featured sharks. And no matter how many times the movie Jaws made me jump out of my seat, I still loved watching it---mainly for the views of the sharks.

I still am fascinated by sharks, but I would never get in one of those cages to get up close and personal with them. The sharks in my imagination can eat through those bars. I'm still a bit intimidated by the ocean because of this movie I saw (the title escapes me at the moment) about a couple of scuba divers who were left out in the ocean accidentally.

I still watch the entire week of Shark Week on the Discovery channel too. Never miss it!

5 Comments:

  • I liked superhero comics too when I was a kid. I imagined myself to be this superhero, created my own story and illustrated it in my notebook :)

    By Blogger Wriju, at 2:07 PM  

  • My 5 year old is hung up on sharks right now. You and him should hang out.

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 8:36 PM  

  • Haha. I love kiddie obsessions - I think every child has that phase!

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 5:10 AM  

  • I'm with you, I don't remember having any obsessions like that. Shark week is the best, I love sharks and will one day before I die, swim with them, what a rush.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 9:32 AM  

  • As Tracy Morgan said on 30 Rock, "Live every week like it is Shark Week." The movie you are trying to remember is called "Open Water."

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home