Shaken Not Stirred

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Beer For Football Fans

So after watching the last Mountaineer football game, my nerves are shot. I know they are doing the best that they can and that it's just the way the "cookie crumbles". And I'm still a completely loyal Mountaineer fan...always will be.

But I completely understand why beer or some sort of liquor is an absolute essential for any sporting event (especially for the fans...not so much for the players). I think if I hadn't had anything, my nerves would have been worn raw. The game was good, but I think would have been better had the Mountaineers won. It's always better when they win.

The next day, some of my friends were still a little edgy concerning the final outcome. Me? I'm looking forward to the next game.

6 Comments:

  • Yeah, it's just too bad alcohol turns some people into jackasses. If onyl they had a switch and you could turn them off.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 9:59 AM  

  • I watched that game. It was a tough loss.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 3:35 PM  

  • A jackass switch would be awesome.

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 7:11 AM  

  • This cracked me up - I think alcohol is a must when watching any sporting event - especially when you're team is losing! I guess since I am a 49'er fam that would make me a drunken mess...lol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:07 AM  

  • Imagine what I go through I can't drink! hahaha It's awful especially after that oregon loss.

    You'll turn it around this week

    By Blogger Phats, at 11:59 PM  

  • Beer at home is fine. Paying for the beers at the game is not fine.

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home