Shaken Not Stirred

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Still Hungover

I think I had one of the best times I have had in a long time this weekend at my relative's wedding. This much conversation gives new meaning to the saying "diarrhea of the mouth". And we talked about everything from politics to topics that meant nothing to anyone but me and the other person involved.

And a key essential to all this laughing was the open bar both at the wedding and at the breakfast/brunch/dinner reception the next day.

One topic that came up several times was "who is this wedding gig actually for". I know my relatives spent tons of money on this gig. There was an amazing DJ--that was more entertaining than annoying. He kept a full dance floor for most of the night. The food from the appetizers (six tables of different appetizers) to the main course (your choice of three different entrees, or you could have all three if desired) was awesome. But really, when I looked up and saw the bride and groom, I don't think they had time to enjoy any of this. Between making sure that everyone was having a good time and greeting the more than 250 guests, they looked stressed. I don't think I saw them eat once. The groom did join us for some shots between smiling at the camera and going from table to table to say "thanks for coming". For the most part, he didn't really get to do much else. So mainly exuberant amounts of money was spent to make us have a good time.

Anyway congrats to my cousin and his new bride!!

8 Comments:

  • Yep, at my wedding, we didn't even have time to eat our own cake, other than the couple of bites we took for the pictures. Overall I just remember it as a very busy, stressful day.

    By Blogger Duck, at 3:05 PM  

  • Damn, that does sound very expensive.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 7:16 PM  

  • try getting married with a guest list of upwards of 500. that's what it's like when you're greek. that's why i'm gonna elope when i get married!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:50 PM  

  • Generally, the wedding shouldn't cost anything. The money given to the bride and groom by the guests should balance the amount spent on the wedding.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:11 AM  

  • I got one word of advice for all engaged couples ..

    ELOPE.

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 10:31 AM  

  • Hmm I am not big on weddings, but this one sounded cool. Congrats to the happy couple.

    Tough game for WVU this week my friend

    By Blogger Phats, at 1:13 AM  

  • I lurve weddings, but personally the arguments for eloping are stacking up rapidly!

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 6:15 PM  

  • That is why I wanted a smaller wedding. It is not cool that you invite someone to your wedding and basically all you say is hi to them the entire night!

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home