Shaken Not Stirred

Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat...Smell My Feet

I always love Halloween, more importantly I love having the excuse to buy all that candy (and extra so there is left-overs because nothing beats mixing Reese Peanut Butter Cups with vanilla ice cream--my last post had ice cream in it, didn't it). I always buy the mix that has the cups, Butterfingers and the likes of those candy bars. I also buy some sort of mix that has M&Ms too. And just case I buy gum....

Anyway, it's fun to see everyone all dressed up. There was one family tonight, where everyone was dressed as The Incredibles (parent's included). Fun.... everyone should get in on the fun for Halloween.

Am I being a bit prudish when I sometimes get annoyed that some older high school kids are going around with grocery bags trick or treating? It wouldn't be so bad if they were dressed up in some sort of costume, but there were several tonight that were not and still held pillow cases up asking for candy. One guy even had the nerve to say "yo, you gave that kid a handful and you are handing me one chocolate bar"? In my mind I said back "yo...that kid was five, said 'trick or treat' and then used his please and thank yous". But in reality I said, "Oh I'm sorry and handed and handful of chocolate to him instead".

So, am I being a Scrooge for thinking this way? I'm not trying to take the fun out of the celebration, but if you are going to join in, at least have the courtesy to courteous.

I'm getting old, aren't I?

Happy Halloween everyone!

12 Comments:

  • I don't think you're being a scrooge, I think if they want candy they dress up! I am guessing trick or treating was tonight in your town? Here it's Halloween Night I won't be home, so I am hoping I don't get tricked!

    Reese Cups and Vanilla Ice Cream YUM!

    By Blogger Phats, at 1:27 AM  

  • Happy Halloween. So how come trick or treating was tonight and not tomorrow on Halloween? Just curious.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 1:33 AM  

  • You're not a prude - I get paranoid that someone will take something off my porch like last year when some kids stole my Buddah...yeah..thier Karma sucks..lol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:16 AM  

  • I'm liking the ice cream theme!

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 9:21 AM  

  • Yep, trick or treating was last night here too. I saw plenty of older kids walking around without costumes, and it ticks me off.

    I don't think you're being a scrooge, but you definitely should have told that kid what was on your mind. They need to at least play by the rules if they're going to trick or treat.

    By Blogger Duck, at 10:41 AM  

  • Now that I'm an "adult," I definitely don't have a problem telling a teenager what's up if they're out trick or treating. Fortunately, I haven't encountered too many punk kids in recent years.

    By Blogger Aaron, at 10:53 AM  

  • oh... reeses peanut butter cups...

    A whole family ass the incredibles, awesome.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 11:34 AM  

  • yeah I am totally not a fan of the older kids trying to get away with Halloween. If they were in full costume I would give them a break, but if not, no way.

    Why was trick or treating on the night before?

    By Blogger Scott, at 3:32 PM  

  • Trick or treating a night early, what is up with the world?

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 4:05 PM  

  • no, you're not being a scrooge. i had grown boys, teenagers, knocking my two year old porkchop outta the way to get candy. that is ridiculous.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:07 PM  

  • Nah, if you were really old...you'd just yell at all those kids to get off your lawn.

    By Blogger Chick, at 1:08 AM  

  • Halloween would be so much better if it weren't for all those annoying kids expecting handouts.

    By Blogger David Amulet, at 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home