Shaken Not Stirred

Friday, December 19, 2008

Happy Holidays

I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy holiday!!

I just heard one of my favorite Christmas songs. It's "The Little Drummer Boy" by Bing Crosby and David Bowie. I remember this Christmas special (the show) from childhood. I always felt bad that this little boy didn't have any presents to give the baby Jesus. The character always looked cold in his worn rags and shorts. I also remember my father explaining to me that this small child gave his all and that was his present.

Here's to giving your all now and through the next year.

13 Comments:

  • U 2 man, happy holidays.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 12:57 PM  

  • happy holidays to you and yours, angel!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:13 PM  

  • Happy Holidays!! Have a safe and great holiday season Angel :)

    By Blogger Phats, at 9:24 PM  

  • O crap! There is meaning behind all these over-commercialized, repeated ad nauseum Christmas traditions?

    I'm going to have to rethink a couple things here.

    And Merry Christmas, Seasons Greetings and Happy Holidays to you too, Angel.

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 9:33 PM  

  • And the same to you and yours.

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 2:17 PM  

  • Thats right!!! I forgot about that song. I have the david bowie box set, and that song is on a cd inside of it....

    My favorite christmas song is Fairytale of new york by the pogues

    By Blogger Princess Pessimism, at 11:47 AM  

  • That was quite a mismatched pair, Bing & Bowie, they were probably disgusted by each other.

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 5:56 PM  

  • Hope you had an ace Christmas....and here's to Hogmanay!

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 3:46 PM  

  • Happy New Year Angel!
    ~xo
    Lee Ann

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 11:58 AM  

  • First!

    By Blogger Gyrobo, at 8:22 PM  

  • Happy New Year.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 4:40 PM  

  • Looks like you're lingering back from the holiday break too, I didn't want to go back to work

    By Blogger Phats, at 11:08 PM  

  • I see that your posting is nearly as bad as mine! LOL. But I made a resolution to be better about it this year. I'm-going-to-try. :o)

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home