Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Holiday Season

We haven't even celebrated Thanksgiving yet, but already some of the radio stations are playing Christmas music.

I don't mind Christmas music, in fact I like it. But there is a radio station that is now playing it 24 hours a day, every day until the day after Christmas music. Yes, I will admit that early in the morning I will listen to it, but still it's a little early.

And now everyone is talking about black Friday...a day of complete shopping madness. I would not like to go out on that day, no matter what the sales.

I still want to celebrate Thanksgiving first...and have that fried turkey that my brother-in-law always makes.

8 Comments:

  • And then add on top of this barrage of xmas with the fact that there will be millions of additional Americans (over and above the normal # every year) that will exeprience a sad holidays due to the economy woes.

    I hope we all remember and help out those folks.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 2:53 PM  

  • I'm with you. I don't like this extended Christmas at the expense of Thanksgiving.

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 3:55 PM  

  • It seems like it gets earlier and earlier every year.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 6:46 PM  

  • A couple years ago, the veterans took several BC companies to court... becaucse Christmas decorations came out before Halloween was even over. They objected to the hypermarketing of Christmas eclipsing November 11th, Remembrance Day.

    The courts agreed, and in one province at least, Christmas decorar=tions must wait till after Remembrance Day. I agree. In fact, I think marketing Christmas before December 1st is unbearably tacky.

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 12:43 AM  

  • I can't believe Black Friday is so close.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:47 AM  

  • I used to have a tradition of going shopping on Black Friday but now you couldn't pay me enough!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:02 PM  

  • If I had my choice I would skip Thanksgiving all together and head straight towards my favorite holiday Christmas!!!

    We had a station do that here last year because it was switching programming, maybe it's the same thing there?

    By Blogger Phats, at 12:37 AM  

  • I'm wondering if it will be a flop, or if people will be spending money they don't have.

    By Blogger Aaron, at 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home