Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, January 19, 2009

What Is Wrong With People

Today while getting some gas for my car, I watched in horror as the lady who parked beside my area of the station get out while smoking a cigarette. All I could think about was hurrying to finish and leaving. She actually continued to take a few more puffs before tossing the cigarette into the distant street (thank goodness no wind to blow it back).

Seriously, what is wrong with people? Do they really need the nicotine that badly or is their craving so deep that they lose mental capability?

The worse crime I think is when I see parents smoking in a car while their children/infants sit in the backseat. And to top that off, they don't roll the windows down because it's either winter or summer.

I know that smokers have certain rights. But what about safety and consideration for non-smokers?

11 Comments:

  • I think smokers have rights, but when it comes to kids, I think they have an obligation not to smoke in front of their kids. If I had kids and were a smoker, I think I would quit if for no other reason that it sets a bad example for them (and research has shown that kids of smokers tend to become smokers when they get older).

    By Blogger j merlino, at 5:16 PM  

  • Now if you lived in New Jersey or Oregon you would have a 'professional' pumping your gas and would not be subjected to that madness. (see my second last post)

    By Blogger Scott, at 8:53 PM  

  • Exactly...when someone else's rights infringe on mine...there's a problem there.

    By Blogger Chick, at 7:59 AM  

  • People are unbelievable

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 10:22 AM  

  • yes, smoking with the windows up is disgusting. i have no idea how people do that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:48 PM  

  • What a moron!

    I can't stand smoke, or smoking, it's nasty and kills my eyes.

    By Blogger Phats, at 11:45 PM  

  • Nicotine is a powerful drug. I think the addictive rate is pretty high but that is no excuse. They should be able to put their cravings aside for a few minutes for the benefits of others especially their children.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 5:32 PM  

  • Idiots. The whole lot of 'em.

    By Blogger Aaron, at 9:05 AM  

  • People can be clueless... it's absolutely frightening!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:45 AM  

  • Oh I am right there with you. I actually saw a car on fire once and where did the driver decided to pull over? At a 12 pump gas station. Yeah, he MUST have worked for NASA.

    And these pieces of crap who subject their kids to smoke like that should loose them to CPS. Of course they are the first ones to cry “why us?!?!” when something like cancer happens to their children.

    By Blogger Booya, at 12:38 AM  

  • Nicce blog post

    By Anonymous Harley, at 2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home