Shaken Not Stirred

Friday, February 06, 2009

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures

So these pictures of a golden boy swimmer surfaced...and everyone is making a big deal that he let so many people down. Yeah, he's a role model. But I think he was right when he said that he would have a hard time explaining them to his mother. How do you explain something like that to your parents? Those are the people that you probably really let down.

Personally I think that something like this makes him less superman and more human. I think however, we need to let the publicity go away. Sometimes the paparazzi makes more of a big deal than there is....and really, who was the "friends" that sold him out? Who gave that picture from the party away?

I don't know. I guess because he has celebrity status, he has to watch what he does, what he says, and when he does. I don't believe that anyone should be subject to being watched 24/7, but it's probably the price you pay for being in the limelight.

Just like that chick that made "goofy" faces for a photo, who suddenly was accused of making fun of certain ethnic groups. I haven't seen the photo, but I'm sure it can't be that bad.

Anyway, I left names out so that when people googled the celebrity's names the wouldn't end up on my senseless ramblings.

11 Comments:

  • It's sad in this country that people still look at marijuana any differently than alcohol. Alcohol is much worse.

    They should leave him alone.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 10:01 PM  

  • I agree completely, Angel. What is considered newsworthy thes days is barely more than gossip disguised as scandal.

    The guy took a toke. He wasn't competeing, he probably is in some downtime from training right now, and he was in a social (ie not competitive) setting. So what he did was personal, and had nothing to to do with his staus as a professional athlete.

    The same with the girl. She's a kid doing childish things because... she's a kid. I reiterated that purposely. But because she's a famous kid it is elevated to an international incident.

    We, as people and consumers, need to demand some degree of separation to our ceebrities. The size and type of underwear a celebrity wears is not news. And that's basically what this amounts to.

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 11:09 PM  

  • He's human - and he's young - give him a break I say! He has to deal with, as you say, his Mother which is punishment enough!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:27 AM  

  • Couldn't agree more. I hate that pictures like that are sold to papers to nail people. It seems that as a society we love nothing more than building someone else and then bringing them down. It is a shame.

    By Blogger Scott, at 2:36 PM  

  • Count me in on team "what's the big deal?" So much going on in this world, and yet this is headline news?

    *sigh*

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 4:49 PM  

  • I'm sure tons of other celebrities and athletes smoke a lot wore weed, they just have not got caught. he's paying for it now. I wonder if he thinks it is worth it?

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 2:36 PM  

  • i'm not sure what you are talking about, but i can sort of figure it out through the comments.
    When I do figure it out, I will personally link you to every article and photograph.
    Ok, so I won't.... But I did try to give you an invite to my now invite only blog because people are douches, but can't figure out your email address, so I can't.

    I don't want to exclude you from my awesomeness :)

    By Blogger cher, at 3:49 PM  

  • The price of fame can be steep. It is too bad because there are a lot worse things he could be doing.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 7:32 PM  

  • Considering I've actually toked it up with my mom, I don't think I would have a hard time explaining such a picture to her.

    This is the problem with hero worship anyway. Just because he's the world's best swimmer doesn't mean he's a better person in any way compared to anyone else. People seem to have forgotten that he already has a DUI from when he wasn't even old enough to legally drink. Whatever. I don't have a problem with it either way. I let other people freak out about these things.

    By Blogger Duck, at 1:08 PM  

  • Hmm I kind of see both sides of the bong issue. First off I personally don't think it's a big deal considering a lot of kids his age are doing that and probably a lot worse, however if I had a little 10 yr old that swam and looked up to him, then I might feel differently. I think the bigger problem is this is his second offense, lets not forget his DUI.

    How crazy is it a pothead can win that many gold medals! haha

    By Blogger Phats, at 11:55 PM  

  • You don't even want to know the key words that have led people to my blog...it's a little scary! :o)

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home