Shaken Not Stirred

Thursday, June 24, 2004

The Nerve....

I was listening to one of the local radio stations here in Charleston, West Virginia. The D.J. had played a song and then commented that the singer was one of the acts from a past Regatta festivity. He then went on to say, that this singer was cool, but, and I quote "so obviously a lesbian". What the? What kind of comment is that to make? I was thinking, and you are so obviously a jerk.

I can't believe the things that come out of some people's mouths. Some people obviously don't think before they speak. Is it so hard to just moderate what one says, especially if they have the responsibility of an audience. And this was said during prime drive time. Not only during prime drive time, but a time when some teenagers or children might be listening. Just not responsible journalism. Can he actually get in trouble for such a comment? Can his mouth get washed out with soap? Will someone wash his mouth out with soap?

I can remember when saying "stupid" was a big deal. A word that my parents hated. We were also forbidden to say "shut-up". I've gotten tobasco sauce placed on my tongue for uttering such "vile" words. They were usally aimed at my sister for something she did, that she thought she could get away with cause she was an only girl. Never-the-less, I still rarely use those words, except in a joking manner. But never use them to be critical or in a deragatory manner.

Anyway, did anyone else out there hear this comment? Or was it cause my mind was wandering while waiting for the light to change to green and I thought I heard it.

Until another thought pops into my head...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home