Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, July 05, 2004

Defining Myself

I was watching "Six Feet Under" yesterday. It was the one with Nate's wife's funeral. In it, her nephews sang, "Teach Your Children" by Crosby, Stills and Nash. They said it was her favorite song. The family also had an argument about how she wanted to be buried.

Anyway, for some reason this made me think about how much people really know about me. I mean I don't have a favorite song persay--what would they sing at my funeral--would they sing and would anyone show up? I don't even know how I want to be buried--I do know that I have agreed to donate any usable organs, signed a card and everything. The least I can do for someone who needs parts. I don't know how good these parts will be, since I did smoke for sometime, although I've been nicotine free for a little over a year. However, while studying for the USMLE I found out it takes 15 years of abstinance before it is no longer considered a health risk factor. Woah, my lungs have a lot more time of recovery I guess. Anyway, they are up for grabs if something happens to me. But I still don't know if I want to be buried in a nice lovely field or burned to a crisp and shoved into a metal urn to be placed in a wall. I don't believe in taking up space, so maybe burning to ashes might be an option. Does it really matter? I mean I'll be dead. At that point I'll be worried about being pointed toward the upgoing escalator, the down-going one (please no!) or just wandering around (not good either).

Anyway, before I deviated, I was wondering how people fill out those profile things on places like MySpace.com or Friendster. Your favorite food, your favorite color, movie, song etc. I mean to pick just one thing. I don't think I can do it. I have an array of favorite movies and they range from "When Harry Met Salley" to "Hoosiers". Music? Don't get me started. I think I'm the only person I know that has Madonna's Immaculate Collection and Tim McGraw's Greatest Hits in my iPod. Two different spectrums of the rainbow. Do you think my all encompassing vast array in tastes has something to do with the fact that I'm a Gemini (the bi-polar sign)? Maybe! But I don't really believe in that, at least I don't want to. I would like to think that my tastes were governed by my exposure to things and my acceptance of different values, points of views and opinions.

Until another thought pops in my head...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home