Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, July 19, 2004

Table for Eight

I've gotta stop doing this, letting time lapse between my writing. It must be annoying for anyone trying to follow my blog to not see entries on a day to day basis.
Anyway, I've recently realized that my friday night dinner companions might be moving into more than just one night a week. We jokingly said we all needed more social interaction than just once a week. Everyone either works or is studying or both (I study and Shelly does both).
These outings are fun, a way to blow off a friday night--without being destructive like drinking. Well most of us tend to stay sober. One of us, who shall remain nameless just does some shots and insists somebody get up on the table and dance for her. But all in all it's a pretty good time.
 
I was talking with one of the Friday night dinner people and realize the reason it might be so fun is because we try to make out lives look less despearate and lonely by talking about other people, especially those who don't make it that night. I mean let's face it, we are all over 30, all pretty much single and all pretty much stuck in a rut. We'll I wouldn't say rut, but idling along. So it's fun to talk about how other people might be stuck in a rut, so that our ruts don't feel so sticky.
 
The place of venue changes from time to time, but the population of our table really doesn't. We've added a few new people. The more the better. Hopefully we'll have a whole restaurant going. That would be the best.  And then we could have new people to talk about in their absence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home