Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I'm It, Yet Again

I've been tagged again. I really don't mind being tagged because it gives me something to write about...
The rules of this was to find the fifth sentence in the book I was reading and to post it along with the next three sentences . The sentence had to come from page 123.
I'm currently at this very moment reading an anatomy review book. Aren't you guys glad I wasn't reading biochemistry with all those formulas and chemical structures?

While getting ready to post the sentence and it's following three sentences, I turned to the front page to give credit to the author of this nice tidbit of information. It happened to be a professor who gave one of my favorite anatomy lectures. Scanning down the rest of the page, I happened upon this sentence:

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form, by photostat, microfilm, xerography or any other means, or incorporated into any information retrieval system, electronic or mechanical, without the written permission.....

So out of respect for these fantastic authors, I decided not to print exact sentences. But I can tell you that it was of useful information concerning the spinal cord and it's structure. I thank you, Sweet Tea for having me reread that passage! It helped me to figure out something in the neurological section of my book.

Sweet Tea put a twist on the game. The original game was to post the fifth sentence of our own blog. So that I will give you, since it doesn't infringe on any copyrights:
My 23rd post was about my parents getting Direct TV and signing up for foreign channels--like the Filipino channel. I was criticizing their television show line up. Here goes:

"Oh yes, 90210 is also popular there. While going to medical school there, I saw a poster advertising some shop using a poster of Brandon, Brenda, Dillon, Kelly--the early years. Brandon still had the Farrah Fawcet wave going in his bangs).I also find it hard to believe that my mother is hooked on one of the soap operas. It's so obvious how it will turn out. Their soap operas, unlike ours, do have an ending."

There is a clip from my 23rd post.
I'm not going to tag anyone, since I'm too tired to chase people today. But I have no qualms about being tagged.

18 Comments:

  • I was so hooked on 90210. It was a dark time in my life.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 5:47 PM  

  • 90210 was the best. the o.c. doesn't even compare.

    By Blogger j, at 9:14 PM  

  • Your post has made me realize I'm reading six different books right now.

    Geez, I'd have to post a sentence or two from each. :)

    By Blogger Spider Girl, at 10:33 PM  

  • Tags that force a blogger to review their past work can be helpful. I did one like this a while back and discovered just how badly my writing sucked.

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 11:28 PM  

  • why do people tag? I don't get it.

    By Blogger mkecurler, at 11:40 PM  

  • I knew "90210" was a hit when my greek buddies knew all of the episodes too!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:57 PM  

  • i loved 90210, I used to watch it when I not living in the United States and I used to wish I could be there, Now I'm quite close by :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:33 AM  

  • You've been tagged once again

    Rules

    1. The tagged victim has to come up with 8 different points of their perfect lover.
    2. Need to mention the sex of the target.
    3. Tag 8 victims to join this game & leave a comment on their comments saying they’ve been tagged.
    4. If tagged the 2nd time, there’s no need to post again.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:25 AM  

  • Wow...thats quite a book...

    the guys on 90210 scare me.

    By Blogger LBseahag, at 1:26 AM  

  • Gosh, 90210... brings so much memories!

    By Blogger missy, at 3:00 AM  

  • Certain tags are permissible to ignore.

    By Blogger Luke, at 11:05 AM  

  • Melrose Place was another guilty pleasure for a lot of people. I watched 90210 the first two seasons, when it wasn't really popular yet because the storylines were pretty lame. I swear, didn't the show start out innocently enough - a family from Minnesota moves to Beverly Hills and experiences culture shock.

    Too bad Aaron Spelling had to put his soap opera spin on it...but otherwise, it would've been canceled.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 11:47 AM  

  • Vortani! Xel'ith! Ma'kano!

    *waves hands*

    You are now free of tags.

    By Blogger Karl the Sorcerer, at 12:06 PM  

  • I am so confused right now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:23 PM  

  • "since it doesn't infringe on any copyrights"

    Yikes! I'm guilty.

    By Blogger Sweet Tea, at 2:08 PM  

  • You are such a good sport!
    *hugs*

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 3:38 PM  

  • Filipino Channel?
    Tagged by Bloggers?
    As my filipino friends would say:
    PUTANG INA MO!

    By Blogger Walter, at 3:38 PM  

  • This is perhaps one of the oddest tags I've come across yet. Thanks for not tagging back! :)

    By Blogger Cathy, at 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home