Well, true blue guy
tagged me. I don't mind being tagged because it helps me to write. Right now, going thru a dry spell, as far as thoughts go. I guess it's because I have to do so much thinking since relatives and friends began to pour into Charleston for the holidays. I'm pooped!
Anyway, the post was about the number 5.
10 years ago....
10 years ago was the first time I spent New Years away from home. I ended up spending it with my cousin Rene and his girlfriend Malou (she's now his wife). We went up to the roof of our building and watched fireworks.
5 years ago...
I spent my second New Years away from Charleston. My buddy Jeumont and I hung out with the surgical department (the residents) who were stuck at the hospital for the holiday. It was quite boring. Hospitals are no fun on New Years Eve.
The holidays was fun! It was the year that all my relatives came into Charleston for Christmas and New Years. Got wasted! This is why I don't remember too many details. I do remember however that my Godson Anthony sang, "This Land is Your Land" when asked to sing a song during our family's talent night on Christmas day. Everyone was expecting a Christmas carol, but he belted out that song. He was four at the time.
My family hosted the prayer for St. Nino (the infant Jesus--Infant of Prague). I lead the prayers, being the oldest child. Of course, my parents ordered more food than necessary. So till Christmas day, when they order more food--we'll be stuffing ourselves with Heavenly Ham stuff, Chinese food and Christmas cookies.
5 Yummy things....
1. Tuna sashimi with more wasabi than necessary.
3. Pecan pie
4. boneless buffalo wings at Applebees
5. Ashlee Simpson's cleavage (see Vince's previous posts
5 Things I Know By Heart
1. The prayer Our Father
2. My family and friend's birthdays
3. The micro organisms that give a patient rashes on the palms and soles
4. Ranson's Criteria for pancreatitis
5. The United States Pledge of Allegiance
5 Things I'd Do If I Had Lots of Money
1. Donate a shitload to St. Jude's Children's Hospital
2. Donate money to the Children's Miracle Network
3. Donate money to the Make A Wish Foundation
4. Create trustfunds for my nephews, nieces and children of my buddies.
5. Have a party and invite the Hoff for Mr. Shifley
and Ashlee for Vince
, and fly Chairborne Stranger
and his buddies back here, even if it were for the day, make sure that Totolehero
had a wide range of accounts at various shops (and she woudn't have to feel guilty about shopping).
5 Places to escape to..
I'm thinking this is either places that are real that I have escaped to or that I would like to escape to
1. My childhood bedroom. I think was one of the safest places in the world to be (provided that the closet door was closed or the light in there was on if the door was open). I had Winne-the -Pooh characters on the walls.
2. My Mom's hug
3. I spent 2 months at our summer home in Florida this summer in preparation for my medical boards (which I took on Dec 8th--won't know results for six weeks). I left because I don't like tropical weather and came back to West Virginia, where the weather I think is better.
4. I'd like to have a cabin in the mountains (not sure if this counts as escape or something I would do with money).
5. I would also like to have a yacht to escape to. But I would put it on one of the great lakes, not the ocean because I fear sharks.
5 Things I would never wear...
1. A diaphragm.
2. Anything from Michael Jackson's wardrobe.
3. Gogo boots
4. leather chaps.
5. colored contacts
5 Favorite TV shows
2. Will and Grace
3. South Park
4. Grey's Anatomy
5 Things I Enjoy Doing
1. Blogging and reading blogs
2. Playing with my nephews and nieces
3. Reading in general
4. The Sims